Aplicaciones Tecnológicas S.A. launches its new product WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER which, by means of real-time monitoring of lightning strikes on wind turbine blades, makes it possible to identify damage to the blades, thus avoiding large-scale economic losses.
The new WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER, developed and patented by Aplicaciones Tecnológicas S.A., is the key device that provides objective information to optimise maintenance operations and efficiently manage any lightning strike.
WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER is the advanced smart logger that continuously monitors the electrical activity in the wind turbine blades where it is installed.
Real-time alerts with WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER
With the real-time lightning strike alerts provided by the equipment, the following can be performed:
– Immediate inspections to assess the damage caused by the lightning strike and act accordingly.
– Repairs and maintenance can be carried out almost immediately.
All this implies a great cost saving / saves a lot of money, as the early identification of lightning damage, which is extremely difficult to detect without WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER, prevents damage from escalating in the future.
Accurate lightning current classification
WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER provides information on the characteristics of the lightning current (amplitude, polarity, duration, load, specific energy, direct current, date and time).
The data obtained allows:
– Determine the urgency and type of response required after a lightning strike.
– Analysis in the event of an incident to determine who should bear the cost of repairs.
Multiple Alert Channels
The readings generated in the monitored blades are processed in the servers of Aplicaciones Tecnológicas S.A. and sent through multiple channels, always defined in advance with the client:
– Mobile APP, SCADA integration and web portal are the most common.
– Centralised global monitoring: our operating scheme allows all the information generated in different wind farms to be concentrated in the Control Centres, in order to make the most appropriate decisions in real time and regardless of their location worldwide.
In short, WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER is the key to identifying damage caused by lightning strikes on monitored wind turbine blades, allowing savings in costs associated with maintenance not carried out at the right time.
For more information on how WIND TURBINE SMART LIGHTNING LOGGER represents a breakthrough in both safety and cost savings, please visit us on stand 1-D56 at WindEurope Bilbao from 5-7 April 2022.
You can also contact us by clicking this link or attend any of our wind power sector webinars by clicking on the link below.