Lightning is a phenomenon that, despite being very common, is little known outside the specialized forums and creates uncertainty. It is important for people’s safety and to safeguard the equipment, that some key points are taken into account on what not to do in case of a storm:
– Ride a bicycle or a horse
– Staying in a convertible vehicle
– Remaining in the sea or in outdoor pools
– Take shelter under trees
– Being in open and isolated areas
– Touch metal structures
– Use landline telephones
– Carry metallic objects that protrude above the head, such as umbrellas, golf clubs, etc.
Lightning can be very destructive, but adequate protection with lightning rods, knowledge of the necessary guidelines and speed of action in these situations can cause their effects to decrease considerably.