Railway, construction and other industrial installations benefit from the advantages of our brand.
There are many advantages of using exothermic welding. The most important one being that the process produces a molecular joint and not just a mechanical one between the conductors.
In this way, Apliweld® guarantees all types of common joints, not only copper cable unions but also to weld tapes, brass metallic pieces, stainless steel, copper-coated steel ground rods, etc.
Due to its characteristics, Apliweld®:
- Has a superior electrical conductivity to the conductors themselves.
- Does not corrode, oxidise or degrade with time and is resistant to galvanic coupling.
- Is able to withstand repeated electrical discharges.
- Never increases its resistance.
- Has greater mechanical and squeezing resistance than the conductors themselves.
- Offers a permanent welding and a low resistance connection, particularly important in achieving a longwearing and reliable result when carrying out any earthing system.
Therefore, Apliweld® is highly recommended for metallic joints needed for earthing installations of:
- Lightning protection systems
- Industrial installations